About the University of Leicester

Industrial action formal complaints

Please ensure that you have read and understood the Regulations before completing this form. The Advice Service in the Students’ Union will be able to provide help with your complaint. They can be contacted in the Percy Gee Building; or by telephone on 0116 223 1132; or by email at advice@le.ac.uk. Please note that the Advice Service can provide guidance but cannot complete this form on your behalf.

The recent mandate for Industrial action is from 23 November 2022 – 20 April 2023. We are aware Industrial action may cause some students concern and the University is working hard to avoid disruption to your studies and provide you with as much support as possible.

You may submit a complaint in relation to the industrial action, on the following grounds:

  • That there is evidence of significant disadvantage caused by the industrial action
  • That the University failed to take reasonable measures to mitigate the impact of the industrial action
  • That planned formal teaching events were cancelled as a result of the industrial action and not replaced

If you believe one or more of the above grounds applies, please complete the form below and return it to industrialaction@le.ac.uk.

Complaints submitted before 20 April 2023 will be accepted but will not be processed until after April 2023. This will allow us to assess the impact of the industrial action in full. The deadline to submit a complaint is 4 May 2023.

Please ensure you complete the form in full, including specific details of any cancelled teaching sessions. Failure to do so may result in your complaint not being processed.

If you have any questions about the complaint process, please contact industrialaction@le.ac.uk.

Complete the industrial action complaints form (docx, 81kb).

The University will take all reasonable action to ensure that student’s academic outcomes are not affected by the industrial action and any impact will be taken into account through the assessment process. If you believe the industrial action has had a greater impact on your academic outcome and you are in receipt of a Board of Examiners’ decision, in regards to your progression or award, your concerns may be better addressed via the academic appeal process. More information is available on the academic appeal webpages, including information on the grounds of appeal and a link to the appropriate appeal form.

Back to top