Hong Kong SAR

The University of Leicester welcomes students from Hong Kong SAR.

You can find region specific information here including entry requirements for our courses, and information about the Hong Kong student community.

The Future Students Office

The Future Students Office can provide you with more information about studying in the UK at Leicester.

Students are welcome to contact us to schedule a digital conversation with our staff, or can chat with our current students online. If you would like to speak directly to our Global Recruitment and Conversion Officer please contact Tien Tien ( directly and she will be happy to answer your questions.

Please visit our contact us page for details.

Useful information

Entry requirements

Undergraduate (Bachelors) degrees

If you are taking the Hong Kong Diploma in Secondary Education (HKDSE), you may be eligible for entry to the first year of a degree at Leicester if you achieve the following equivalent grades:

A-levels HKDSE
AAA 555
AAB 554
ABB 544
BBB 444

These grades must be from either three electives or two electives plus one core subject (Chinese Language, English Language or Mathematics – core and extended parts). There are specific subject requirements for some programmes. For degrees where Mathematics A-level is an entry requirement, you are required to have studied both core and extended Mathematics. Please note that Liberal Studies is not accepted and Chinese is not accepted for Economics programmes.

If you wish to apply to Medicine, see Medicine's entry requirements.

For more information about available degrees, please see the individual course pages.

Postgraduate (Masters) degrees

If you have been awarded a Bachelors degree you will be considered for entry to a Masters degree at Leicester. Since Hong Kong degrees are generally classified (First, 2:1, 2:2, Third) in the same way as UK degrees, the entry requirements are the same as for students graduating from UK universities. Entry requirements can be found on individual course pages.

For more information about available degrees, please see the individual course pages.

PhDs and other research degrees

To apply for a PhD (or other postgraduate research qualification) you must have a first or 2:1 honours undergraduate (Bachelors) degree from a recognised Hong Kong university, usually in a related subject area (depending on the subject that you wish to study) .

You must also be able to demonstrate practical knowledge of appropriate research methodologies. Research degrees are demanding and intensive: to succeed at this level you must be highly motivated, be able to work independently, and have an appropriate familiarity with the discipline and its associated research techniques/methodologies.

Where a Masters degree is required, this is indicated in the relevant description on our Postgraduate Research webpages, together with further information about requirement.

English language requirements

Please see details of our English language requirements.

Agents in your region

We work with the following agents in Hong Kong:

Other sources of information

Back to top