We welcome students from Singapore!
Undergraduate (Bachelors) degrees
- If you are studying A-levels or the International Baccalaureate (IB) then you can begin from the first year of a Bachelors degree. Please see individual course pages for entry requirements.
- If you have already completed the first year of an undergraduate degree at a university in Singapore, you may be considered for entry to the first or second year of a Bachelors degree if you have studied relevant subjects and/or modules.
- If you hold a three-year Diploma awarded by one of the Polytechnics in Singapore, you can be considered for admission to the first year of a Bachelors degree. You may be considered for entry to the second year if you have achieved high marks and taken relevant courses.
For more information about available degrees please see individual course pages.
Postgraduate (Masters) degrees
If you hold a Bachelors degree with second class honours awarded by a university in Singapore you will be considered for entry to a Masters degree. Some degrees may require upper second class honours.
For more information about available degrees please see the individual course pages.
PhDs and other research degrees
To apply for a PhD (or other postgraduate research qualification, such as MPhil, DClinPsy, DSocSci, EdD or MD) you must have a Bachelors degree from a recognised university with at least second class honours, usually in a related subject area (depending on the subject that you wish to study).
You must also be able to demonstrate practical knowledge of appropriate research methodologies. Research degrees are demanding and intensive: to succeed at this level you must be highly motivated, be able to work independently, and have an appropriate familiarity with the discipline and its associated research techniques/methodologies.
Where a Masters degree is required, this is indicated in the relevant description on our Postgraduate Research webpages, together with further information about requirement.
English language requirements
Scholarships and funding opportunities
The University of Leicester offers a number of scholarships for new international students. You should also check in your own country whether scholarships are available for study overseas, from government or other organisations.
- The College of Science and Engineering provides partial undergraduate scholarships to Singaporean students achieving good marks in their previous study. You will receive up to 28% discount on tuition fees for a full-time, undergraduate (Bachelors) laboratory-based degree.
- President's Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme
College of Science and Engineering Postgraduate Scholarship: As a permanent resident of Singapore you can receive up to 28% discount on the tuition fee for a full-time, taught postgraduate (Masters) laboratory-based degree if you meet or exceed the academic conditions of your offer. For a non-lab-based course, you will automatically receive a 10% discount on your tuition fee if you meet or exceed the academic conditions of your offer.
- Any scholarships which are for a specific degree will be listed on the relevant course page.
Visits to your country
No visits planned at present
We have a student exchange agreement with: