SingaporeThe University of Leicester welcomes students from Singapore.
You can find country specific information here including entry requirements for our courses, and information about the Singaporean student community.
Your International Office team
The International Office can provide you with more information about studying in the UK at Leicester.
Please visit our contact us page for details.
Undergraduate (Bachelors) degrees
- If you are studying A-levels or the International Baccalaureate (IB) then you can begin from the first year of a Bachelors degree. Please see individual course pages for entry requirements.
- If you have already completed the first year of an undergraduate degree at a university in Singapore, you may be considered for entry to the first or second year of a Bachelors degree if you have studied relevant subjects and/or modules.
- If you hold a three-year Diploma awarded by one of the Polytechnics in Singapore, you can be considered for admission to the first year of a Bachelors degree. You may be considered for entry to the second year if you have achieved high marks and taken relevant courses.
For more information about available degrees please see individual course pages.
Postgraduate (Masters) degrees
If you hold a Bachelors degree with second class honours awarded by a university in Singapore you will be considered for entry to a Masters degree. Some degrees may require upper second class honours.
For more information about available degrees please see the individual course pages.
PhDs and other research degrees
To apply for a PhD (or other postgraduate research qualification, such as MPhil, DClinPsy, DSocSci, EdD or MD) you must have a Bachelors degree from a recognised university with at least second class honours, usually in a related subject area (depending on the subject that you wish to study).
You must also be able to demonstrate practical knowledge of appropriate research methodologies. Research degrees are demanding and intensive: to succeed at this level you must be highly motivated, be able to work independently, and have an appropriate familiarity with the discipline and its associated research techniques/methodologies.
Where a Masters degree is required, this is indicated in the relevant description on our Postgraduate Research webpages, together with further information about requirement.
English language requirements
International student community
The University of Leicester welcomes students from all over the world. Of our 13,000 full-time, campus-based students, over 25% come from outside the EU, from more than 70 different countries.
Discover what it's like to study at Leicester by reading our international student profiles…
- Singapore Society
- University of Leicester Singapore Society (Facebook)
- International Students' Association
We have partnership agreements with universities in your country, including:
If you are currently studying an undergraduate degree in your home country it may be possible to study with us for a semester or a year. Please check with your home university whether they have a partnership with Leicester or whether your studies with us could be taken as an accredited part of your degree.