How to apply
- Terms and conditions of your offer
Terms and conditions of your offer
- It is a condition of acceptance by the University that students agree to abide by the Charter, Statutes, Ordinances and Regulations of the University.
- As a postgraduate student you will be required to provide satisfactory evidence that you can pay the tuition fees and support yourself during the whole period of your studies at the University of Leicester. Fees are due at or before the start of your course. Fees can be paid by cheque, credit card, international money order or bankers draft in pounds (£) sterling, and should be made payable to the ‘University of Leicester’. Transfers of funds from some countries can take several weeks so please start to make your arrangements as early as possible. Full details of how to pay will be sent with your registration package.
- The period of study specified in your offer is the normal period of registration. An additional year may be designated for writing up your thesis, providing you have completed your research at that point. A nominal fee is charged for this additional period of study. This is currently £100 for a year, payable in two instalments of £50.
- If you change your address, please ensure that you notify the Postgraduate Admissions Office.
- PhD Students: you will be registered as an Advanced Postgraduate (APG) for a minimum period of one year (full-time) or two years (part-time) after which you may transfer for a specific degree (MPhil/PhD), subject to satisfactory progress and approval of Senate.