Heritage, Development, and Society
Module code: MU7572
This module will teach you to:
- Critically examine the role heritage plays in development and societies in the UK and around the world.
- Discuss and assess notions of heritage processes, objects and materiality.
- Discuss the political, historical, economic, social and cultural contexts in which heritage is performed and articulated in various ways.
- Describe and critically evaluate issues of identity, ownership, authenticity and power politics in heritage processes and practices.
- Discuss different approaches to the interpretation and representation of the past and assess ways of interpreting controversial heritage issues and sites.