Justice and the Future
Module code: LW7087
This module is intended to focus on some of the most important themes connecting global justice, global institutions, sustainability and the future. Its goal is to equip you to make informed interventions on:
- Future generations and their rights
- Intergenerational justice
- The law and politics of sustainability
- Global institutions.
This module will teach you to show critical awareness of key debates in contemporary practical philosophy where these concern intergenerational justice, future generations and rights theory. You will learn to a critically analyse law, legal institutions and political institutions from the point of view of future generations.
You will learn to demonstrate:
- Critical awareness of global institutions (particularly UN institutions) and their contribution to intergenerational justice
- Critical awareness of the different forms of law relevant to future generations and evaluate how different legal strategies may serve the interests of future generations
- Critical awareness of the forms of political activism and contestation relevant to future generations and evaluate how different political strategies may serve the interests of future generations
- The ability to write systematic and persuasive critical assessments of law and legal institutions