As an applied School of Criminology, we are committed to generating evidence-based change across all our activities. Our public engagement vision is to:
- Embed excellent, innovative public engagement within all areas of our work.
- Build close working relationships with stakeholders and communities within the city of Leicester, the county of Leicestershire and Rutland and more widely across the UK and internationally.
- Adopt an interdisciplinary approach to our public engagement activities, working closely with colleagues across the social, health and physical sciences.
- Produce Criminology graduates that understand the complexities of real-world Criminology and are able to communicate clearly with public audiences via a range of media. This enhances employability and helps to create Citizens of Change.
- Work with wider University support services to ensure that staff and PGRs are fully supported to deliver excellent public engagement activities.
- Identify and capture how our public engagement activities have an impact on local, regional, national and international communities.