PPE for Heroes
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, a group of University of Leicester alumni founded PPE For Heroes. This grassroots, not-for-profit initiative uses 3D printers to make protective gear for healthcare workers in the UK and India.
The group now has more than 50 volunteers all over the UK and has supplied over 1200 pieces of equipment including face shields and door openers. They are using a crowdfunding campaign to buy raw materials, which has already received £1500 in donations.
The Leicester Alumni team:
- Shailesh Shinde (MSc Advanced Mechanical Engineering and Management with Industry, 2018)
- Milan Kerung (Msc Advanced Mechanical Engineering and Management, 2018)
- Shatabdi Dutta Roy (Msc Software Engineering for Financial Services and Industry, 2017)
- Shashidar Ette (Msc Advanced Software Engineering with Industry, 2018)
- Tony Kenny (Msc Web Applications and Services, 2020)
- Liam Jordan (current student of BSc Psychology and Cognitive Neuroscience)