We welcome students from Portugal!
Undergraduate (Bachelors) degrees
- If you have completed (or will complete) the Diploma de Ensino Secundario you will typically require a pass with grade 18/20 overall (depending on the subject you wish to study) to begin from the first year of a Bachelors degree.
- If you are studying A-levels or the International Baccalaureate (IB) then you can begin from the first year of a Bachelors degree. Please see individual course pages for entry requirements.
- If you have completed the European Baccalaureate then you can begin from the first year of a Bachelors degree. 85% would be the equivalent to a grade A in a British A-level; 77% would be equivalent to a grade B.
For more information about available degrees please see individual course pages.
Postgraduate (Masters) degrees
- If you have a good Bachelors degree from a recognised university, you will be be considered for entry to a Masters degree.
If you have a Portuguese Licenciado with a mark of 13 or better you will be considered for entry to a Masters degree.
For more information about available degrees please individual course pages.
PhDs and other research degrees
To apply for a PhD (or other postgraduate research qualification, such as MPhil, DClinPsy, DSocSci, EdD or MD) you must have a good Bachelors degree from a recognised university, usually in a related subject area, or a Portuguese Licenciado with a mark of 13 or better (depending on the subject you wish to study).
You must also be able to demonstrate practical knowledge of appropriate research methodologies. Research degrees are demanding and intensive: to succeed at this level you must be highly motivated, be able to work independently, and have an appropriate familiarity with the discipline and its associated research techniques/methodologies.
Where a Masters degree is required, this is indicated in the relevant description on our Postgraduate Research webpages, together with further information about requirement.
English language requirements
If you wish to come to the University of Leicester on an Erasmus exchange please see our Erasmus exchange website.
Scholarships and funding opportunities
Because Portugal is part of the European Union, for funding purposes you will be a 'UK/EU student' rather than an 'international student'.
- Find out about available undergraduate scholarships and discounts.
- We have a limited number of University of Leicester Santander Scholarships from Banco Santander. These are worth up to £5,000 and are available for all one-year, full-time taught Masters degrees.
- Any scholarships which are for a specific degree will be listed on the relevant course page.
You should also check in your own country whether scholarships are available for study overseas, from your government or other organisations.
Visits to your country
No visits planned at present.