Work, Employment and Society
Module code: SY2089
In this module you'll explore the importance of work and employment in contemporary societies by looking at key sociological concepts applicable to work and employment, and analysing significant changes in work and employment.
- What is Work?
- Industrialisation, Class and Gender
- Emotional Labour and Managerial Discipline
- Unions, Power and Collective Action
- Ethnicity and Racism in Labour Markets
- Neoliberalism, Welfare and Unemployment
- Work, Identity and Consumption
- Globalisation, Migration and Inequality
- Precarity, Technology and the Future of Work