DL Writing Consultation
Distance/ online learning students at the University of Leicester can use this form to request help with their assignment drafts.
This service is not for campus-based students. If you are a campus-based student you should arrange a face-to-face writing consultation
|Description||A qualified and experienced member of ELTU staff will review a draft of your academic work and produce a 10-minute video tutorial with advice and suggestions to improve before submission|
|Availability||You are allowed two DL writing consultations per calendar year|
How to apply for the writing consultation service
- Submit this form at least 7 days before your deadline to request a tutorial.
- Receive a link to an online video tutorial about your work. The tutor will discuss:
Who is this service for?
Any non-native speaker of English who is a registered distance or online student of the University of Leicester.
This is NOT a proof-reading service. You will get:
- one page of language correction
- advice on grammar areas to improve your writing in the long-term
- help with the communication of your ideas in English
How much does it cost?
This service is free of charge to current students of the University of Leicester.