Italian B1 Citizenship
This course aims to prepare participants to successfully undertake the B1 level Italian test to gain the Italian Citizenship.
Courses starting October 2024
- Course: To be confirmed in July
Delivery: On-campus (face-to-face)
Timeline: To be confirmed in July
Lengths: 20 weeks (60 learning hours)
Fees: £280 (payable in two termly instalments of £140 each)
This course will be taught in a small group. It requires a minimum of 7 and it can have up to a maximum of 12 students. The course fee includes all tuition, access to Blackboard, handouts and any tests/exams, but not a textbook.
Terms run from October to December and from January to March. The full course comprises 60 learning hours. Lessons are two hours long and take place once a week. When enrolling you are committing to the full 20 weeks. There is the option to pay for the full course in one payment or two instalments. You are welcome to join in the second term of a course if you have previous knowledge and experience of the language.Enrol now
You have reached, or you are working your way through, the B1 level in the ELP self-assessment grid (equivalent to an A-Level grade F to C) and/or completed the Intermediate (level 3) or the Upper-intermediate (level 4) courses or you have enough knowledge to be on track with the group. You can use the ELP self-assessment grid to judge how competent you are in the language. Alternatively, if you require help to assess your level please contact us or come along to one of our drop-in sessions.
- This course prepares you to successfully undertake the B1 level test required to gain Italian citizenship.
- It supports the development of all four language skills: speaking, listening, reading, and writing; which are assessed individually by the B1 level test.
- The course is highly customizable according to your needs.
- Practice exam papers are used though the course to familiarize participants with the requirements of the test. You will get used to what’s expected, the exam sequence, and the time provided to complete it. Furthermore, you can easily check your score.
- Exam sessions are simulated, using past exam papers, and feedback is provided to tackle the areas for improvement that would benefit you the most.
- Are you in need of just a recap, or are you still far from the level you’d like to be and in need of an intensive course? Join our group classes.
It is not essential to bring a course book to the first class. The tutor will discuss book requirements in class and advise you of the best places to obtain the book if required. With some languages there is the option for us to order text books on behalf of a class.
This course is mostly taught in Italian; English is used when necessary or requested by students in particular situations or grammar explanations. The programme aims to develop the four language skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing as well as cultural awareness. It provides a good balance between understanding the culture, vocabulary and grammar structures of the Italian language and enhancing communication and interaction. It supports comprehensive and productive skills in speech and writing through authentic based activities and guided practice in the use of Italian language. Students will be encouraged to seek opportunities to learn and practise the four skills outside the classroom taking advantage of learning resources provided by tutors and the programme. The group size is limited to 16 students and planned to allow intensive interactive practice with individual feedback and advice on progress.