How to pay your tuition or accommodation fees
At Leicester we recognise that students need flexibility when paying fees. We provide a range of payment options to suit everyone.
- Online using a debit or credit card (please allow 48 hours for the payment to go through)
- Bank transfer (please allow approximately 7-10 days for the payment to be received. You will not be able to complete online registration until payment is in our bank account.)
If someone else, such as a relative, is paying your fee they can use the methods above. There is a different process if a sponsor has agreed to pay all or part of your tuition fee.
Cheques and cash payments are not accepted by the University for tuition or accommodation fees.
Cash deposited into our bank account will also not be accepted.
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When to pay your tuition fees
The tuition fee for your course (after deduction of any discounts or University of Leicester scholarships you might be awarded) will be stated in the offer letter sent to you by the University.
You should pay your tuition fee, either:
- before the start of your academic year in full
- or in two equal instalments. The first instalment is due before the start of the academic year and the second is due three months after the start of your academic year.
We must receive your first instalment in full before you can register for your course.
If your financial circumstances change after you have started your course please contact the Student Fees and Income Office to discuss this at email@example.com
For more information please see our Finance Office's fee information.
- If you are resident outside the UK and the Republic of Ireland, you will need to pay a £2,000 deposit.
Distance learning students
If you're a distance learning student, the relevant payment options and amounts will be detailed in your offer email. You can pay:
- in full by the payment date stated on your offer, or
- in two equal instalments: the first by the payment date stated on your offer and the second one year later, or
- in six equal instalments over your first two years of study.
We must receive your first instalment in full by the payment date stated in your offer before you can register for your studies. Please allow 48 hours for card payments through our online e-pay site (or 7-10 days for other payment methods) to ensure that you meet the relevant payment deadline and can begin your studies on your intended start date.
Your Distance Learning Team can also provide advice about fee payments from other sources (such as a sponsor, student finance, ELCAS or a loan) or if your financial circumstances change after you have started your course.
For all queries regarding payment of fees for distance learning PhD or Doctorate courses please contact our Student Fees and Income Office.
For more information on fees please see our Finance Office's fee information.