Information Hub

Full academic transcript


Taught students are provided with a full academic transcript when they graduate. Additional copies can be provided dependent on the relevant information still being available. If we are unable to provide a full academic transcript, a letter will be provided confirming the details of the award that has been achieved.

Please note that full academic transcripts are currently not available to students of the following:
  • School of Medicine courses commenced prior to 2013
  • Taught postgraduate courses completed prior to 2009
  • Education, PGcert and PGCE courses
  • Lifelong Learning courses

If you have recently graduated in one of the above courses please contact your School for further guidance on what documentation is available to you.

Please note as research degrees don't have a taught component transcripts are not available for these courses.

Receiving your full academic transcript

Graduates will receive their free academic transcript at the end of their graduation ceremony. If unable to attend the ceremony the transcript will be posted in the weeks after the ceremony to the address provided during graduation registration. 

If you believe there is an error in your transcript please contact your academic school.

Replacement transcript and additional copies

Replacement transcripts or additional copies can be purchased via our online shop

If ordering multiple copies please order one copy with your chosen postage option and then add extra copies using the ‘additional copy’ option to avoid paying excessive postage.

If you need us to post this document to a third party please include their address as the delivery address.   

If any additional forms relating to your order are required reference the form in the Additional requirements section when placing your order and email the form to

Only official full academic transcripts in hard copy can be issued and copies cannot sent electronically.  

Depending on the course you studied you may be eligible for a Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR).  

Or you can order certified copies of your full academic transcript. If you do not have an original transcript you must purchase one first.

If you believe there is an error on your transcript please contact your academic school

Transcripts for World Education Service (WES) verification

Transcripts required for World Education Service (WES) verification can be sent directly to WES by including their address as the delivery address. Add the WES reference number (if known) in the additional requirements section when placing an order. If a WES Academic Records Request Form is required reference this in additional requirements and email the form to

Documents sent to WES will be stamped and signed on the seal of the envelope. 

Delivery overseas

You are able to purchase DHL delivery if you are overseas, or if you require quicker delivery.  Please note DHL cannot deliver to PO boxes addresses. 

University of Leicester validated awards

The University of Leicester validated awards for other institutions.  If you studied at one of the following institutions information about how to request transcripts can be found below:

Back to top