ChangeMakers: Centenary Festival
Saturday 2nd October (10.00am – 4.00pm)
We are delighted to welcome you to ChangeMakers our Centenary Festival as we celebrate and showcase 100 years of our university.
We have an exciting day of festival fun planned for all the family.
Plan your visit
With so much going on, it's hard to know where to start. Plan your day around what interests you the most.Explore our activities
Meet and greet
Meet us at the Centenary Central Booth between 10am and 4pm. Our team are ready to say hello and help with all your questions. You can also pick up a map and a programme to plan your day.
The first 100 visitors will receive a yummy Centenary cake!
Location: Centenary Square
A Centenary welcome
10.30am President and Vice-Chancellor of the University of Leicester Professor Nishan Canagarajah
Location: Centenary Square
Suitable for all
Food to go
Our campus kitchens are ready to make sure you have plenty of energy for the day. You can choose from:
- Craft Coffee House, our coffee brand that brings together the Leicester heritage of manufacturing and textiles.
- Soul, which provides delicious African- and Caribbean-inspired dishes.
- Astronvan, where potatoes are given a new lease of life. Choose from a variety of toppings for skinny fries, sweet potato fries, chunky chips and crushed jacket potatoes.
- Queens Pizza and Pasta, which brings a taste of Italy to the University of Leicester with a choice of wood-fired pizzas and made-to-order pasta dishes.
- Wholesome, our 100% plant-based outlet that includes whole grains and pulses. Situated below our Craft Coffee House.
- Smokey’s BBQ
Enjoying Your Visit
Support us on social media to shout about the ChangeMakers Centenary Festival using the hashtags #our100 #ChangeMakers.
We encourage you to recycle and think about sustainability during your time with us, by bringing reusable water bottles. We encourage you to walk, use public transport or cycle and use bike parks to travel to the event.
£1.00 all day parking in the multi-story car park, Freeman’s Common, Putney Road, LE2 7TG.
We are adopting a positive but cautious approach as we look forward to welcoming visitors to our campus. Your health and safety remains our priority and we’re encouraging coronavirus testing and vaccinations, the wearing of masks in crowded spaces, regular hand washing and giving each other space.
Smile for the camera
Please note that photographs and video footage will be captured throughout the Changemakers: Centenary Festival. These will be used by the University for marketing and publicity in our publications, on our website and in social media or in any third-party publication.
Please contact the Event Manager Kelly McCormack or the Photographer and Videographer if you wish to be exempted from this activity.
Plan your accessible visit with AccessAble