Christmas tree competition
The Christmas Tree Competition is back and we're happy to say it is taking place on campus this year!
We have nine trees, which are dotted around campus, and we have been inviting students and staff to submit their teams to be allocated a tree to decorate. Teams could be as creative as they like and receive a £15 shopping voucher to use to buy decorations or materials to make their own. Students and staff now have the chance to vote for their favourite and the winning team will receive a £50 BID Leicester voucher.
How to vote
Visit the trees until Friday 09 December, open 9.00am - 5.00pm weekdays.
All students and staff are invited to vote for your favourite tree. Please see below for how:
- Pick up a Christmas Tree Trail card from Centenary Square, or Fielding Johnson Reception.
- Using the information on the card, you will be able to find the decorated trees around Campus, which will have a sign to make it clear its part of this activity. Remember to vote fairly you need to see them all.
- Once you've seen them all and decided who your vote goes to, go to the voting page to make your selection.
- Don't forget to include your email address to be included in the prize draw for a chance to win a £10 BID Leicester voucher.
Announcing the winner
The winning team will be announced on Monday 12 December. The winning team will then be contacted via email to arrange to collect their prizes.
|Part of competition||Start date/time||End date/time|
|Submitting your team||Already accepting submissions||Wednesday 23 November, 12.00pm|
|Chosen teams to decorate trees||Thursday 24 November, 9.00am||Tuesday 29 November, 9.00am|
|Students and staff to vote||Tuesday 29 November, 9.00am||Friday 9 December, 5.00pm|
|Winner announced||Monday 12 December||-|
For full terms and conditions, see below:
- The promoter is: University of Leicester whose registered office is at University of Leicester, University Road, Leicester, LE1 7RH
- Entrants must be current University of Leicester students or staff.
- Entrants must be aged 16 or over on the competition closing date.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are on this competition webpage.
- After the deadlines above no further entries to the competitions will be permitted.