Christmas tree competition
The Christmas Tree Competition is back and we're happy to say it will take place on campus this year!
We have nine trees, which will be dotted around the campus, and we are inviting students to submit their teams to be chosen at random and allocated a tree to decorate. Teams can be as creative as they like and will receive a £15 shopping voucher to use to buy decorations or materials to make your own. Students and staff then have the chance to vote for their favourite and the winning team will win BID Leicester shopping vouchers.
How to take part
If you would like to take part and decorate a tree for the competition email firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Thursday 24 November with the following details:
- Team/tree name. Try to be creative, as we love a Christmas pun, but they must not be rude or offensive.
- Name and email address of the main contact in the team.
- Names of other team members. Teams can have a maximum of five people.
If we have more than nine teams apply, a random draw will take place on Thursday 24 November. The chosen teams will be contacted with their tree location, and to arrange collection of their shopping voucher. Trees must be decorated by 9.00am Tuesday 29 November.
Voting will take place from Tuesday 29 November – Friday 09 December.
Announcing the winner
The winning team will be announced on Monday 12 December. The winning team will then be contacted via email to arrange to collect their prizes.
|Part of competition||Start date/time||End date/time|
|Submitting your team||Already accepting submissions||Wednesday 23 November, 12.00pm|
|Chosen teams to decorate trees||Thursday 24 November, 9.00am||Tuesday 29 November, 9.00am|
|Students and staff to vote||Tuesday 29 November, 9.00am||Friday 9 December, 5.00pm|
|Winner announced||Monday 12 December||-|
For full terms and conditions, see below:
- The promoter is: University of Leicester whose registered office is at University of Leicester, University Road, Leicester, LE1 7RH
- Entrants must be current University of Leicester students or staff.
- Entrants must be aged 16 or over on the competition closing date.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are on this competition webpage.
- After the deadlines above no further entries to the competitions will be permitted.