Transferring to Leicester
If you want to transfer from a different university to a course at the University of Leicester you will need to make an application.
It may be possible to transfer into the first or second year of an undergraduate course, subject to certain criteria. The majority of undergraduate applications for transfer will be managed through the UCAS system but please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss a potential transfer to Leicester.
If you are hoping to transfer at postgraduate level please contact email@example.com.
All transfer requests will be considered individually and will be evaluated against appropriate criteria including:
- Entry requirements for the course in question
- The academic year that the request relates to
- Available entry points for the course
- Available places on the course
- Modules and marks achieved in the former institution and their alignment with the Leicester syllabus (for requests to transfer into the second year of an undergraduate course with advanced standing).
- Visa status (for international students)
You may wish to consider whether any study that you have already completed can be taken towards a course at the University of Leicester. Any requests for accreditation of prior learning will be considered on a case by case basis in line with the University’s Policy on Accreditation of Prior Learning.
If you are seeking to transfer you should also ensure that you have considered your student finance arrangements. If you are an undergraduate student with a student loan from the Student Loans Company you should contact them regarding your transfer and eligibility for continued funding.
Further information regarding study at the University of Leicester can be found at: