What to expect in your first week
Over the course of your first week at Leicester, there will be lots going on. You can expect to:
- Feel like a part of the University of Leicester community.
- Complete your registration and receive your shiny new ID card.
- Get an induction to the department you'll be studying in. You'll find out more about your course and meet your tutors and classmates.
- Chat to friendly Welcome Team helpers who are there to support you and show you where to go – just look out for their red hoodies, or visit the Welcome and Information Point in Centenary Square.
- Be officially welcomed to Leicester in your matriculation welcome ceremony.
- Get involved in Welcome Week events on campus to help you to find your away around, make friends, and get involved with student life.
- Feel lots of mixed emotions from excitement to anxiety - everyone feels this way and it is normal.