Identity check/Visa checkpoint
Documents to bring with you
Make sure to bring the documents you need to University with you:
- UK students: passport or full UK birth certificate. We do not accept driving licenses.
- EEA or Swiss students: passport or national identity card
- International students: passport and visa, or evidence of valid leave (permission) in the UK. Check your Home Office decision letter to see where you need to collect your visa from.
Where to go
- If you are a UK/EEA/Swiss student living in University-managed accommodation, your identity check will take place in your accommodation; if not in the foyer of the Charles Wilson Building.
- If you an international student your visa checkpoint will take place in the foyer of the Charles Wilson Building.
Registration deadlines vary from course to course – so check when you need to register by. But don't leave it till the deadline - we recommend that you register as soon as you can after you arrive.