Transferring into the University
If you want to transfer from a different university to a programme at the University of Leicester you will need to make an application and each request will be considered individually. It may be possible to transfer into the first or second year of an undergraduate programme, subject to certain criteria. The majority of undergraduate applications for transfer will be managed via the UCAS system but please contact email@example.com in the first instance to discuss a potential transfer into the University. Request for transfer at postgraduate level should also be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org All transfer requests will be evaluated against appropriate criteria which will include:
- The entry requirements for the programme in question
- The academic year that the request relates to
- The available entry points for the programme
- Available places on the programme
- Where a student is seeking to transfer into the second year of an undergraduate programme with advanced standing, the modules and marks achieved in their former institution and their alignment with the syllabus at the University of Leicester.
- For international students, their visa status
Consideration of all applications to transfer will be undertaken on a case by case basis.
You may wish to consider whether any study that you have already completed can be taken towards a course at the University of Leicester. Any requests for accreditation of prior learning will be considered on a case by case basis in line with the University’s Policy on Accreditation of Prior Learning.
If you are seeking to transfer you should also ensure that you have considered your student finance arrangements. If you are an undergraduate student in receipt of a student loan via the Student Loans Company you should contact the SLC regarding your transfer and eligibility for continued funding.
Further information regarding study at the University of Leicester can be found at: