The University of Leicester Student Charter has been jointly created by students, staff and the Students Union. The charter outlines a shared set of principles that staff and students agree will contribute to a fantastic student experience.
As a University we will:
- Deliver excellent teaching and learning activities informed by leading research.
- Provide the facilities and study spaces to support and enrich your learning experience within a campus environment that is safe and accessible.
- Ensure that you receive the support that you need, both within and outside of your studies through engagement with academic and personal tutors and student support services.
- Enhance your student experience by encouraging a culture of open conversations through which we will recognise and respond to feedback throughout the year.
- Offer a wide variety of extra-curricular opportunities that will enhance your personal development and employability and enrich your student experience.
As a student I will:
- Plan and organise my commitments in advance, to ensure I maintain a work/life balance.
- Take responsibility for managing my own learning development, by attending timetabled teaching sessions, meetings with personal tutors and supervisors, and maintaining regular self-study.
- Submit assessed work by the appropriate deadline, and engage and reflect on the feedback provided.
- Be aware of and understand the University’s regulations.
- Engage with University and Union services and support when appropriate.
- Take advantage of University and Students’ Union academic and extra-curricular activities for social and developmental gain and to boost my employability.
- Give feedback about my university experience, including through module surveys, the course representative system and the National Student Survey.
- Behave respectfully to all staff and students in the physical and virtual environments, in accordance with the Students’ Union Zero Tolerance Policy.
As a Students' Union we will:
- Welcome and support all students, to ensure that they are aware of their rights and responsibilities while studying at the University of Leicester.
- Represent the interests of University of Leicester students at university and national level.
- Empower students to deliver change via the Executive Officer and part time student representative elections, the course representative system, Union Council, and sports and societies.
- Offer a wide variety of recreational, training and extra-curricular activities to boost employability and opportunities to socialise.
- Provide a safe and welcoming environment at all times, including evening events.
- Offer a range of commercial outlets at accessible price points.
- Have a zero-tolerance approach to all kinds of harassment.