In order for us to issue your University ID card, we need a photo of you. You send us this when you register, which you should do by 9 September.
What it needs to show
What we need is a full-face, head-and-shoulders portrait, like a passport photo. In fact, if you have a passport photo that would be ideal!
It needs to show your whole head, from the top of your hair to the bottom of your chin. We need to see your face clearly so, like a passport photo, you should avoid:
- a hat or other head covering (unless it's for religious reasons)
- dark glasses
- hair over part of your face
Unlike a passport photo, we don't mind if you smile!
Format and size
- Please send us a .jpg/.jpeg file (not a .gif or .png)
- Please crop it to these dimensions: height 180 pixels, width 150 pixels
- Please make sure the file size is less than 1MB.
If you don't have Photoshop (or something similar), there are lots of free online sites where you can crop and resize a photo. If the file size is too big, try reducing the resolution (it's probably 300dpi).
If there is a problem with your photo, we will need to come back to you and request a different photo and this could mean your student ID card won't be ready at the start of term.
- You're too close - part of your face is cropped off.
- You're too far away - we can't use a full-length photo.
- Your face is partly obscured by hair, sunglasses etc.
- You're not looking directly at the camera.
- Wrong file format
- Wrong height/width
- File size too big