Minor in American History and Politics
UCAS code: Your UCAS code will be the code of your Major.
Available for students starting in September 2018.
If you choose a Minor in American History and Politics you will study the history and politics of the remaining global super power, the United States of America.
- Introduction to American Politics
- American History, 1877 to the Present
- Ethnicity and Diversity in the United States Since Emancipation
- Americas Plural: Latin America and the United States
Choose two option modules from:
- The Civil Rights Movement, 1945-1968
- The USA and the Vietnam War
- Slavery in the Americas
- Women in American Society
- Indigenous Peoples of the Americas
- The American Presidency
- American Political Development
Modules shown represent choices available to current students. The range of modules available and the content of any individual module may change in future years.
There are no specific entry requirements for this minor.
There will be a range of different assessments particular to individual modules, but made up from a mixture of essays, oral portfolios, web blogs, writing logs, group and individual presentations, and examinations.
Now choose your Major
On a Major/Minor degree you study a core area in depth (your major subject), while also exploring an additional area (in this case American History and Politics).
Please note that you cannot study a Minor in American History and Politics with a Major in:
Request information about Major/Minor degrees.