Widening Participation Scholarship
This scholarship is a single cash payment of £1,000 available to UK mature campus-based undergraduate students aged 30 or over. There are 10 awards available.
- Candidates must hold an offer of a place to study a full campus-based Undergraduate degree at the University of Leicester beginning in September 2021;
- Candidates must be a ‘Home’ UK permanent resident;
- Aged 30 or over;
- From a low participation postcode area identified as POLAR 4, Quintiles 1 or 2 as declared on UCAS form.
- Returning to full-time education or studying their first degree.
Awardees will be selected by a University of Leicester panel based on:
- Scholarship scheme personal statement (max. 1,000 words)
How to apply
- Please note, the application process will open on 16th August 2021.
- To apply for this scholarship, you must apply on the Santander platform and click on the Enrol button. You can check whether your postcode is identified as POLAR4 Quintiles 1 or 2 on the Office for Students website
- The scheme closes for applications on 10th September 2021.