Leicester Global Study Centre International UG Merit Scholarship
This scholarship is for international students who have completed a pathway programme at the Leicester Global Study Centre (LGSC) and are beginning a full-time, campus-based, undergraduate degree at the University of Leicester in September 2023.
The LGSC International Merit Based Scholarship, worth either £3000 or £5000 per year, is available to Leicester Global Study Centre pathway students who meet the below eligibility criteria joining any undergraduate degree at the University of Leicester, excluding Medicine.
This award is for each year of full-time study at the University.
This scholarship rewards academic achievement following successful completion of an International Pathway Programme at the LGSC as follows:
- Students who achieve an overall credit weighted average between 65% and 74% - £3000
- Students who achieve an overall credit weighted average of 75% or above - £5000
There is no need to apply for this scholarship. Students who are eligible for the scholarship will be considered automatically as part of the examination and progression process. Successful students will be notified when final results are released.
For more information please email email@example.com.
Terms and conditions
- You must be classified as an international student for fee purposes.
- You must be starting a full-time, campus-based undergraduate course commencing in September 2023.
- The scholarship will not apply for periods of industrial placement, overseas exchange, resit years or if you suspend your studies for any reason.
- In accordance with scholarship guidelines, students are allowed to hold only one University of Leicester scholarship, awarded either centrally or by a department. If you are awarded more than one scholarship, you will only receive the higher value award.
- If you have secured an award from a non – University of Leicester scholarship you will still be considered for the Leicester Global Study Centre International Merit Based Scholarship.
- The scholarship applies to Leicester Global Study Centre students registered on an LGSC foundation pathway programme from September 2022 onwards and supersedes any previous scholarships advertised by the Leicester Global Study Centre or the University of Leicester prior to September 2022.
- The scholarship is not available to students studying Medicine (MBChB).