Terms and conditions (UK Students)
Although you are welcome to get started and create and share your video today, entries need to be formally submitted via the Citizens of Change 100 Scholarship application form as a video URL. Preferred platforms are Instagram, YouTube or TikTok. If these aren’t possible, please email email@example.com for an alternative option.
Sharing on social media
We intend to share select entries on the University of Leicester’s social media platforms. If you do not consent to have your video shared, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after submitting your application with your name and applicant ID.
- Videos must be your own original work and not contain other user’s footage or copyrighted material, trademarks or labels.
- We encourage you to share your entry on your own social media channels and we will be sharing select entries on the University’s official platforms. Please do not use profanity or songs with explicit lyrics on your video.
- If you are creating your video on TikTok/Instagram but have your account set to private, please download and submit the video file via email to email@example.com.
- Although you can create and share as many videos as you like (please tag us @uniofleicester, #CitizensOfChange), we will only accept one formal entry via the application form per applicant – so make sure you choose your favourite to submit.
Timelines and deadlines
The official submission period will open on 13 December 2021.
Awards are to be distributed according to the following timeline:
- Maximum of 10 awards for entries submitted between 13 December 2021 and 31 January 2022
- Maximum of 10 awards for entries submitted between 1 February 2022 and 28 February 2022
- Maximum of 10 awards for entries submitted between 1 March 2022 and 31 March 2022
- Maximum of 10 awards for entries submitted between 1 April 2022 and 30 April 2022
- Remaining awards (to total a maximum of 50 for entries) submitted between 13 December 2021 and 9 June 2022
To be considered, entrants must have selected the University of Leicester as their firm choice by 10 June 2022. All successful candidates will be notified by 1 July 2022 and must go on to register on their course by no later than 12 October 2022.
The scholarship is for 2022 entry only. If you defer to 2023, you will be considered for the scholarships available for 2023 entry, not 2022.
About the scholarship (UK students)
The Citizens of Change 100 Scholarship can be awarded to students in receipt of other University of Leicester or other external scholarships.
The scholarship is valued at £2,500 per academic year and will be renewed automatically over the three years of study (a total of £7,500) subject to satisfactory academic progress on the course. In the event that this progress has not been achieved, the University reserves the right to withdraw the scholarship at the end of the relevant academic year. In the event that you transfer from the course, or suspend your period of study, the scholarship will discontinue.
Group entry Ts & Cs
Entrants can apply as individuals or as part of a group up to a maximum of five people.
One member of the group or more must be eligible (an offer holder) in order to submit an application.
Only those members of the group holding an offer are eligible for entrance into the process and consideration for the scholarship.
The University of Leicester reserves the right to make changes to these arrangements, or to withdraw aspects of the scheme or add new elements.