Terms and conditions (international students)
Although you are welcome to get started and create and share your video today, entries need to be formally submitted via the Citizens of Change 100 Scholarship application form as a video URL. Preferred platforms are Instagram, YouTube or TikTok. If these aren’t possible, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an alternative option.
Sharing on social media
We intend to share select entries on the University of Leicester’s social media platforms. If you do not consent to have your video shared, please email email@example.com after submitting your application with your name and applicant ID.
- Videos must be your own original work and not contain other user’s footage or copyrighted material, trademarks or labels.
- We encourage you to share your entry on your own social media channels and we will be sharing entries on the University’s official platforms. Please do not use profanity or songs with explicit lyrics on your video.
- If you are creating your video on TikTok/Instagram but have your account set to private, please download and submit the video file via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Although you can create and share as many videos as you like (please tag us @uniofleicester, #CitizensOfChange), we will only accept one formal entry via the application form per applicant – so make sure you choose your favourite to submit.
Timelines and deadlines
The official submission period will open on 13 December 2021.
Awards are to be distributed according to the following timeline:
- Maximum of 10 awards for entries submitted between 13 December 2021 and 31 January 2022.
- Maximum of 10 awards for entries submitted between 1 February 2022 and 28 February 2022.
- Maximum of 10 awards for entries submitted between 1 March 2022 and 31 March 2022.
- Maximum of 10 awards for entries submitted between 1 April 2022 and 30 April 2022.
- Remaining awards (to total a maximum of 50 for entries) submitted between 13 December 2021 and 9 June 2022.
To be considered, entrants must have selected the University of Leicester as their firm choice by 10 June 2022. All successful candidates will be notified by 1 July 2022 and must go on to register on their course by no later than 12 October 2022.
The scholarship is for 2022 entry only. If you defer to 2023, you will be considered for the scholarships available for 2023 entry, not 2022.
About the scholarship (international students)
If candidates were awarded more than one scholarship by the University of Leicester, only the higher value award will be made. Candidates can accept the Citizens of Change 100 Scholarship in conjunction with other external scholarships or funding sources.
The scholarship is valued at 50% of your first year fee. Students will be required to pay the remaining 50% of their first year course fees in two instalments, 25% at registration and 25% in December 2022. The partial fee waiver will only be given where the student has made payments in accordance with this schedule.
Group entry Ts & Cs
Entrants can apply as individuals or as part of a group up to a maximum of five people.
One member of the group or more must be eligible (an offer holder) in order to submit an application.
Only those members of the group holding an offer are eligible for entrance into the process and consideration for the scholarship.
The University of Leicester reserves the right to make changes to these arrangements, or to withdraw aspects of the scheme or add new elements.