Afghan Warm Welcome Scholarship
The University of Leicester is participating in the new British Council Warm Welcome scholarship scheme by supporting two Full Fee Scholarships.
The British Council Warm Welcome Full Degree Scholarship programme will provide financial assistance to eligible scholars in the UK with links to Afghanistan starting a full-time undergraduate programme in September 2022.
Each Afghan Warm Welcome Scholarship consists of a tuition fee waiver, and a quarterly stipend payment (value to be confirmed by the British Council).
The number of awards available are:
- 2 x Undergraduate awards
- Candidates must hold an offer of a place to study full-time undergraduate degree at the University of Leicester beginning in September 2022. You can find out how to apply for a course on our website.
- Eligible candidates are those in the UK under these schemes:
- Afghanistan Relocations and Assistance Policy (ARAP) resettlement route
- Afghanistan Citizens Resettlement Scheme (ACRS) resettlement route
Afghan British Nationals (ABNs), described for these purposes as those that were evacuated during Operation Pitting and who entered bridging accommodation or who presented as homeless to a council, but hold British citizenship or some other status that permits them to remain and reside in the UK without the need to be granted leave to remain.
- Candidates must complete the application process (see below) to be considered for the scholarship.
- Candidates must apply for the for the scholarship and have an offer of a study place by the deadline of the 17 June 2022.
Successful candidates will be notified by the end of June 2022. They will then need to apply to the British Council directly.
Caveats and Exclusions
- The scholarship is for September 2022 entry only: the award cannot be deferred to a different intake.
- The scholarship is for Year 1 entry of a degree course at the University of Leicester.
- The scholarship cannot be used for any NHS-funded courses (e.g. Medicine MBChB).
- The scholarship cannot be used for Distance Learning, Certificate or Diploma courses.
- The scholarship can only be used for full-time study. Support is only available for three-year courses.
How to apply
Please submit the form to let us know that you wish to be considered for this scheme.