List of Taster Sessions
- Selma’s Segregationists: American Memory and Obama’s ‘Post-Race’ Nation
Archaeology and Ancient History
- Bronze Age Mummies to Viking Boats: How Students of Archaeology Uncover the Past to Transform the Present
- Social Classes of Spartan Society
- Microbiology and You
- Targeting Genes for Therapy in Neurodegenerative Disease
- Why Hasn’t My Program Finished Yet?
- Java Taster Lab
- Prisons: Too Soft or Inhumane?
- The CSI Effect: Forensic Science in the Popular Media
- The Nature and Importance of Economics
- Making More from your Wonga
- High-Flying Materials (from Plastic Planes to Space Nuclear Batteries)
- Control: The Hidden Technology
- Measuring the Electrical Activity of the Brain: A Bioengineering Approach
- Philip Larkin’s ‘Mr Bleaney’
- Mysteries, Miracles, and Moralities: Drama in Late Medieval England
- Lost the Plot?
- Gothic Monsters
(see also American Studies)
- Selling the Third Reich: Propaganda in Nazi Germany
- Imperial Summer: The First Indian Cricket Tour of Britain, 1911
History of Art
- Michelangelo, the Divine Artist
- Are Videogames Art?
- What is a Brand and Why Do We Live in a Brand Culture?
- The Shape of Nature
- What Kind of Maths is Actuarial?
Media and Communication
- The Politics of Surveillance in Digital Networks
- ‘What's in the box?’ - Communication Skills for the Budding Doctor
- How Do We Prepare Medical Students for an Electronic Future?
- Exploring Latino Studies
- Challenge your Perspective with French Literature
- Italian for Beginners
Physics and Astronomy/Natural Sciences
- The Physics of Impact Craters
- Exploration of Mars
Politics and International Relations
- The Post-Cold War United Nations: Is It Fit for Purpose?
- Emotion, Memory and the Brain: Matter Over Mind
- Can Education Ever be Fair?
- Gender and Education: Is it all that Rosy for Girls?