The Sports Scholarship is a programme that offers students at the University additional support so that they may continue their sporting lives alongside their academic studies while at Leicester. The programme consists of a number of elements across different areas that look to help a student reach their potential.
- Annual sports facility gold membership (value £250)
- Sports massage, physiotherapy, osteopathy (value up to £250)
- Individualised physical conditioning programme
- Athlete Education Programme, including UKAD Advice
- Athlete life skills coaching programme
- Provision of scholar’s kit
- Quality coaching within the Team Leicester environment
- Up to £25 on Upay Chilli card to use on campus
- Have applied for any full-time undergraduate/postgraduate programme at the University of Leicester for the 2018/19 academic year and selected us as your firm choice or be a current registered student for the 2018/19 academic year
- Be able to demonstrate your sporting achievements
- Hold a current performance level or equivalent to county or regional standard for your sport
- Provide a valid reference from a suitable adult e.g. coach or teacher at your school or college
- Be able to demonstrate a commitment to striving for personal excellence
- Meet the minimum grade requirements for your offer from the University
Provided you fulfil all the above requirements, we will accept applications from a wide variety of sports.
Whilst we do have target sports as a University, we do endeavour to support all BUCS sports where possible.
How to apply
Applications will open on 1 May 2019 and the deadline for applications is 1 September 2019.
The application form will be available on 1 May 2019. Your application must be accompanied by a personal statement and sporting reference. Please send your completed application form, along with your personal statement and reference to Steve Bayley at email@example.com.
All Sports Scholars must abide by our terms and conditions.