All first year students on campus-based undergraduate courses who disclose a disability to the AccessAbility Centre, and provide the relevant supporting evidence, will automatically be awarded a £500 Student Life Transition Award.
The definition of disability is wide. It would include, for example:
- sensory and mobility difficulties
- conditions on the autistic spectrum
- long term health conditions
- ADD, ADHD or mental health issues
- specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia and dyspraxia
We want to encourage all students to disclose any disabilities as early as possible to ensure that students aware of the support available at the earliest opportunity. We also hope that £500 will help ease that transition from home to independent student life in your first year.