College of Science and Engineering Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme
For students from eligible countries who join an undergraduate degree in our College of Science and Engineering, in September 2020 we are delighted to offer a scholarship worth up to £5,600 per year of full – time study.
There is no need to apply for this scholarship. Eligible students will be automatically considered. If successful, you will be notified when you submit your final results.
Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Nepal, Pakistan, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Bhutan, Nepal
African countries including
Botswana, Cote d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Mauritius, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe (if you are an African student and your country is not on this list please contact us to check if you are eligible)
Depending on your results you could be awarded between £3,000 and £5,600 per year of study. Students who satisfy the standard entrance criteria for their course will receive an award equivalent to 22% of their annual tuition fee. Students achieving the higher level grades listed below will receive the higher level award equivalent to 28% of their annual tuition fee.
|International Baccalaureate||32 points|
|International Foundation Year (taken in UK)||75% or A or AAB (depending on grading system used)|
|Indian Standard XII||80% for central boards, Tamil Nadu or West Bengal state board 85% for all other state boards|
If your qualification is not listed, please email us at email@example.com and we will be delighted to help.
Conditions of the award
- You must be classified as an international (non-EU) student for fee purposes.
- You must be starting a full-time, campus-based undergraduate course in the College of Science and Engineering commencing in September 2020.
- The fee discount will be calculated on the basis of the standard tuition fee for each year of your course.
- The scholarship will not apply for periods of industrial placement or overseas exchange, or if you suspend your studies for any reason.
- In accordance with scholarship guidelines, students are allowed to hold only one University of Leicester scholarship, awarded either centrally or by a department. If you are awarded more than one scholarship, you will only receive the higher value award.
- If you currently have a conditional offer of a place at the University, you will still need to fulfil any conditions stated on your offer letter.
- The scholarship is only available for campus-based courses
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.