- For students with a Home or EU tuition fee status (or from the Channel Islands or Isle of Man)
- Undergraduate campus-based courses beginning in September 2020 or April 2021 (includes deferrals from 2019)
- Only qualifications that carry UCAS tariff points can be counted - check on the UCAS tariff page to see if your qualification is included.
- You must have been offered a place on a course and made a firm commitment to the University of Leicester, by making us your firm choice ('conditional firm' or 'unconditional firm')
There is no need to apply for this scholarship. We’ll confirm your award when we confirm your place at the start of term in September 2020 or April 2021.
Exclusions and caveats
- The following are not eligible:
- Students taking Medicine MBChB - however, there is a separate Centenary Scholarship for Medicine
- Student taking Distance Learning courses, Postgraduate courses and PGCE
- Direct entrants to year two
- Students with an overseas tuition fee status
- Students who join Leicester through the Clearing process
- Students who become firm with Leicester by default, i.e. by being rejected by one of your other choices
- AS-level subjects also taken at A-level cannot be counted towards the tariff total.
- Only the highest grade in a subject will be counted: resits will not count twice.
- Qualifications that do not appear on the UCAS website as carrying tariff points will not be counted.
- Only one Centenary Academic Excellence Scholarship will be awarded per student.
- The latest date we can consider changes or updates to tariff scores is 31 October 2020.
- The scholarship is for 2020 only. If you defer to 2021, you'll be considered for the schemes available for 2021 entry, not 2020.