President's Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme
This scholarship is for international (non-EU) students beginning a full-time, campus-based, undergraduate degree at Leicester in September 2019.
There is no need to apply for this scholarship. Eligible students will be automatically considered. If successful, you will be notified when final results are available.
This scholarship gives you a 10% fee discount on your tuition fee for each year of full-time study at the University, up to a maximum of three years.
The scholarship is available to students who achieve the grades listed below, and who will join any University of Leicester degree, excluding Medicine.
|International Baccalaureate||32 points|
|International Foundation Year (taken in UK)||75% or A or AAB (depending on grading system used)|
|Canada||High School Diploma||82%|
|China||International Foundation Year (taken in China)||86%|
|Hong Kong||HKDSE||554 from:
|Hong Kong||Associate Degree||3.2|
|India||Standard XII||80% for central boards, Tamil Nadu or West Bengal state board
85% for all other state boards
|South Africa||Senior Certificate||7,7,7,6,6|
|USA||Advanced Placement||554 (may be combined with SAT results)|
|USA||SATS||650+ in each subject (may be combined with AP results)|
|West Indies||CAPE||I,I,II (1,1,2)|
(for complete or incomplete degree)
|Depending on grading system:
If your qualification is not listed above, please contact us at email@example.com and we will be pleased to confirm the grade equivalence required.
Terms and conditions
- You must be classified as an international student (non-EU) for fee purposes.
- You must be starting an a full-time, campus-based undergraduate course.
- The scholarship will not apply if an industrial placement or exchange year is undertaken, or if you suspend your studies for any reason.
- In accordance with scholarship guidelines, students are allowed to hold only one University of Leicester scholarship, awarded either centrally or by a department. If you are awarded more than one scholarship, you will therefore receive only the higher value award.
- You cannot combine this scholarship with a full scholarship (for tuition fees and living costs) from any other source. You must inform us of any other scholarships/sponsorship currently held, or awarded at a later date. Our scholarship may be adjusted or withdrawn if other sources of funding have been awarded.
- If you have a partial scholarship from other sources you will still be considered for the President's Undergraduate Scholarship.
- The scholarship is only valid for entry in September 2019.
- If you enrol on a Medicine degree, you will not be eligible for the scholarship.