Year 12 Summer School
In 2022 we will be holding our annual Summer School for year 12 students, running from Tuesday 26 – Friday 29 July 2022. We are delighted to announce that our Summer Schools this year will be a 3-night residential event, held on the University of Leicester campus and accommodation.
Why attend year 12 Summer School?
- Experience university life first-hand, including 3 nights in our halls of residence.
- Take part in a summer school group project, designed by our teams of outstanding academic lecturers, in one these five subject areas:
- Arts, Humanities and Social Science
- Business and Enterprise
- Law and Criminology
- Medicine and Allied Health
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths)
- Develop essential skills required to be a successful university student
- Collaborate and work with other students from across the country
- Prepare to make the transition from school/college to higher Education
- Work alongside our team of Summer School mentors, all undergraduate students from the University of Leicester
- Experience student-led “Mentor Take Over” sessions, and daily social media challenges with prizes to be won
Who are Summer Schools for?
- be in year 12
- be under the age of 18 at the time of the summer school
- be studying at a state funded school or college in England
- meet at least one of our widening participation criteria
Widening participation eligibility criteria will be collected on the application form and be used when assessing applications.
This is the core element of your summer school experience. In your summer school mentor groups, you will work on one of five group projects, being designed exclusively for our summer schools by academic lecturers at the University of Leicester. Take a look below for an overview of each project from 2021 to help you decide which summer school strand is the one for you. Please note that the projects for 2022 may differ from those offered in 2021.
Medicine and Allied Health strand – additional information
This summer school is part of a national programme of summer schools supported by the Medical Schools Council (and funded by Health Education England). For more information about different summer schools available, both online and residential, please visit the Medical Schools Council website. Please note that if you are offered one of the 70 MSC spaces on our Medicine and Allied Health strand, you are then not eligible to attend any of the other MSC funded summer schools listed on that website.
How much does it cost?
Nothing! Our summer schools are entirely free to participate in, including your accommodation and food!
How to apply
Applications for our 2022 Year 12 Summer Schools are now closed. We will let all applicants know the outcome of their application no later than 4 May 2022.
Applications for our 2023 Year 12 Summer Schools will open in January 2023. This page will be updated with details on how to apply in due course.
If you have any questions about our programme of summer schools, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.