Year 12 Summer School
In 2021 we will be holding our annual Summer School for year 12 students, running during the week 26 – 30 July 2021. All of our 2021 Summer Schools will be held digitally, as they were in 2020.
Why attend year 12 Summer School?
- Take part in a week-long group project, designed by our teams of outstanding academic lecturers, in one these five subject areas:
- Arts, Humanities and Social Science
- Business and Enterprise
- Law and Criminology
- Medicine and Allied Health
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths)
- Develop essential skills required to be a successful university student
- Collaborate and work with other students from across the country
- Prepare to make the transition from school/college to higher Education
- Work alongside our team of Summer School mentors, all undergraduate students from the University of Leicester
- Experience student-led “Mentor Take Over” sessions, and daily social media challenges with prizes to be won
Who are Summer Schools for?
You must be in year 12, under the age of 18, and studying at a state funded school or college. Other eligibility criteria will be collected on the application form and might be used when assessing applications and offering places.
This is the core element of your summer school experience. In your summer school mentor groups, you will work on one of five group projects, being designed exclusively for our summer schools by academic lecturers at the University of Leicester. Take a look below for a preview of each project to help you decide which summer school strand is the one for you.
How much does it cost?
Nothing! Our summer schools are entirely free to participate in!
How to apply
Applications for our 2021 Year 12 Summer Schools are now closed. If you made an application, we will aim to let you know if your you were successful by Friday 4 June 2021. Applications for Year 12 Summer Schools 2022 will open early in 2022, so please check this page for updates.