Levelling up - Maths
Are you passionate about Maths and considering studying Maths at University?
Do you want to receive 12 months’ of expert Maths tutoring from our team of Student Maths Tutors, as well as support with your application and access to a lower offer to study Maths at Leicester?
If you answered yes to these questions, Levelling Up - Maths is the perfect programme for you!
Throughout this 12-month programme you will:
- Participate in a dedicated Maths tutoring programme called ‘Levelling Up’, delivered by our team of Student Maths Tutors
- Engage in both online and in-person tutoring sessions, covering areas of Maths including Algebra, Differentiation, Integration, Vectors, Proofs and much more
- Complement your A-level Maths/Further Maths studies and experience Maths from a new perspective
- Receive a free graphics tablet for use on the programme
- Receive support with your university application, including details of Maths admissions tests used in the UK
- Be eligible for a reduced offer from the University of Leicester for Maths upon successful completion of the programme
- Learn more about our degrees in Maths, Engineering, Physics and other science related subjects
- Sessions will be held regularly during school term time, through a combination of in-person sessions held on the University of Leicester campus, and held online via MS Teams/Zoom
- Sessions will be held on Wednesday evenings, from approximately 5.00 – 6.30pm. If you are usually not available at this time, you will not be able to participate in this programme
- This programme is aimed at students that really enjoy Maths, are passionate about the subject, and are potentially looking to study it at university. The standard of Maths covered in the programme sits somewhere between A-level and first-year degree standard, therefore should be ideal for students looking to study degree level Maths in the future
How and when to apply
Applications for this programme are currently closed. Applications for students that will be starting Year 12 in September 2022 will appear on this page in due course.