This project is a fully-funded one-year industrial MPhil in the University of Leicester's Department of Informatics.
Professor Reiko Heckel (Department of Informatics)
Project reference: LIH0169
You will undertake applied research and development on behalf of a Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) in Leicester and Leicestershire. The industrial MPhil is funded by the Leicester Innovation Hub through European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) monies and the sponsorship of the SME.
In this exciting project, the partners intend to build an innovative service designed to securely store and monitor electronic awards in a blockchain technology. Ultimately, the project will give learners access to their own electronic awards so that they may share them with their appropriate peer groups and potential employers.
- Design and build a cryptographically secure blockchain.
- Design and build a secure API to allow awards to be sent to the blockchain.
- Design and build a useable website which will allow learners to access their awards and to further share them.
The MPhil programme will provide you the opportunity to work full time with the SME as an MPhil student. Your input over the duration of the project can be divided into different stages:
- Analytical assessment and scoping out.
- Development of proof of concept and system.
- Testing the system with Exam Track Ltd.
- Future investigation and writing of final report.