Ukraine Conflict Distance Learning Sanctuary Scholarship
What is it?
This Sanctuary Scholarship offers an opportunity to study at the University of Leicester via distance learning for students whose access to higher education has been significantly restricted due to the conflict in Ukraine.
The scholarship provides a full fee waiver.
Applicants can be based anywhere in the world and hold any nationality but must be able to demonstrate that the conflict in Ukraine has created a barrier to higher education for them. Applicants must have regular access to the internet. We welcome applications from those who were displaced from Ukraine but did not qualify for the Homes for Ukraine scheme in the UK. We will determine eligibility on a case-by-case basis.
What can I study?
This scholarship applies to the distance learning courses found on the links below where you can find further information about them:
- Human Rights and Global Ethics MA
- Intelligence and Security MA
- International Relations & World Order MA
- The Politics of Conflict and Violence MA
- Human Resource Management and Training MSc
- Risk, Crisis and Disaster Management, MSc
- Security and Risk Management, MSc
- Applied Linguistics and TESOL MA
- Educational Leadership MSc
- International Education MA
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (International) iPGCE
- Learning Technologies PGCert
- Employment Law LLM
- Media and Public Relations MA
- Heritage and Interpretation MA / MSc
- Museum Studies MA / MSc
- Socially Engaged Practice in Museums and Galleries MA / MSc
How do I apply?
- Apply for a place on your chosen course from those listed above. The application form is available via the relevant link above. Please note that start dates may not be the same for each course.
- Once you have an academic offer (conditional or unconditional) please apply for the Ukraine Conflict Distance Learning Sanctuary Scholarship.
Please ignore any deadlines and we will do our best to process your application to start on the next available date. We may need to defer your place to later in the year in some cases. Places are limited and there is no guarantee we will be able to offer you a place.