College of Science and Engineering Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme
For students from eligible countries who join a taught postgraduate degree in our College of Science and Engineering, in September 2020 or January 2021, we are delighted to offer a scholarship worth up to £5,600 per year of full – time study.
There is no need to apply for this scholarship. Eligible students will be automatically considered. If successful, you will be notified when you submit your final results.
Asia and Middle East
Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Nepal, Pakistan, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Bhutan, Nepal.
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Republic of Congo, Cote d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
Depending on your results you could be awarded between £3,000 and £6,000 per year of study. Students who satisfy the standard entrance criteria for their course will receive an award equivalent to 22% of their annual tuition fee. Students achieving the higher level grades listed below will receive the higher level award of 28%.
|Country||Grade required for 28% discount|
|Bangladesh||First class undergraduate degree plus Masters degree|
|Bhutan||First class undergraduate degree, minimum 65%|
|India||First class undergraduate degree, minimum 65%|
|Nepal||First class undergraduate degree, minimum 65%|
|Singapore||First class undergraduate degree|
|Sri Lanka||First class undergraduate degree, minimum 65%|
|UAE||GPA 3.2 out of 4.0; or 4.0 out of 5.0
|Nigeria||1st class undergraduate degree
|Ghana||1st class undergraduate degree
|Kenya||1st class undergraduate degree
If your qualification is not listed, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be delighted to help.
Conditions of the award
- You must be classified as an international (non-EU) student for fee purposes.
- You must be starting a full-time, campus-based taught postgraduate course in the College of Science and Engineering commencing in September 2020, or January 2021.
- The fee discount will be calculated on the basis of the standard tuition fee for each year of your course.
- The scholarship will not apply for periods of industrial placement or overseas exchange, or if you suspend your studies for any reason.
- In accordance with scholarship guidelines, students are allowed to hold only one University of Leicester scholarship, awarded either centrally or by a department. If you are awarded more than one scholarship, you will only receive the higher value award.
- If you currently have a conditional offer of a place at the University, you will still need to fulfil any conditions stated on your offer letter.
- The scholarship is only available for campus-based courses.
For more information, please email email@example.com.