The Sports Scholarship is a programme that offers students at the University additional support so that they may continue their sporting lives alongside their academic studies while at Leicester. The programme consists of a number of elements across different areas that look to help a student reach their potential.
- Gold membership to sports facilities (value £245)
- Sports massage, physiotherapy, osteopathy (value up to £250)
- Up to £25 on Upay Chilli card to use on campus
- Access to scholarship workshops
- Individual needs assessment interviews
- Mentoring support
- Physiological support
- Quality coaching within the Team Leicester environment
- Access to Coach Education through Leicester Academy
- Advice from the University Accommodation Office on best accommodation for individual needs
- Excellent links to representative sectors and National Governing Bodies
- Up to £500 financial contribution on agreed items (travel expenses, equipment, specialist coaching)
- Have applied for any full-time undergraduate/postgraduate programme at the University of Leicester for the 2017/18 academic year and selected us as your firm choice or be a current registered student for the 2017/18 academic year
- Be able to demonstrate your sporting achievements
- Hold a performance level or equivalent to 'National Representation' for your sport within the last 18 months
- Provide a valid reference from a suitable adult e.g. coach or teacher at your school or college
- Be an ambassador for your sport with a commitment to supporting the development and performance of the relevant University sports clubs for your sport (in place)
- Be able to demonstrate a commitment to striving for personal excellence
- Meet the minimum grade requirements for your offer from the University
Provided you fulfil all the above requirements, we will accept applications from a wide variety of sports.
Whilst we do have target sports as a University, we do endeavour to support all BUCS sports where possible.
How to apply
The deadline for applications for 2017/18 has passed.
To apply, please complete the application form. Your application must be accompanied by a personal statement, sporting reference and budget. Please send your completed application form, along with your personal statement and reference to Liz Jennings on email@example.com.
All Sports Scholars must abide by our terms and conditions.