College of Science and Engineering International PGT Merit Scholarship
This merit-based scholarship, worth either £3,000 or £5,000 per year, is open to international-fee-paying students applying for a Masters degree in any of the schools within our College of Science and Engineering:
- School of Chemistry
- School of Engineering
- School of Geography, Geology and the Environment
- Mathematical Science
- School of Physics and Astronomy
This scholarship rewards academic achievement, as follows:
- Degree equivalent to a UK high upper second class degree – £3,000
- Degree equivalent to a UK first class degree – £5,000
There is no need to apply for this scholarship. Eligible students will be automatically considered. If successful, you will be notified when you submit your final results.
Terms and conditions
- You must be classified as an international student for fee purposes.
- You must be starting a full-time, campus-based Masters course in the College of Science and Engineering, commencing in January 2023, September 2023 or January 2024.
- The fee discount will be calculated on the basis of the standard tuition fee for each year of your course.
- The scholarship will not apply for periods of industrial placement or overseas exchange, resit years or if you suspend your studies for any reason.
- In accordance with scholarship guidelines, students are allowed to hold only one University of Leicester scholarship. If you are awarded more than one scholarship, you will only receive the higher value award.
- If you currently have a conditional offer of a place at the University, you will still need to fulfil any conditions stated on your offer letter.