BAME Postgraduate scholarships
The University of Leicester’s College of Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities is committed to increasing the participation of Black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) students in its postgraduate cohorts and supporting Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic students to progress into academia as a career.
The College is offering up to ten scholarships within its subject areas, which are: Archaeology and Ancient History, Law, Criminology, Management, Economics, Education, Museum Studies, History, Politics and International Relations, Media and Communication, Sociology, Modern Languages, History of Art and Film, and English.
Scholarship candidates will be selected based on the overall strength of their application, including previous academic achievement and personal statement.
The awards include a full tuition fee waiver and academic support and mentoring for the BAME GTA application process.
To apply for this scholarship, you must:
- Hold an offer of a place to study a Masters degree at the University of Leicester beginning in September 2021.
- Be permanently resident in the UK.
- Self-identify as a Black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME) student.
Awardees will be selected by a University of Leicester panel based on:
- Academic achievement.
- A personal statement of up to 1,000 words.
How to apply
- To apply, complete the scholarship application form by the deadline of 30 June 2021.
- Successful candidates will be notified by the end of July 2021.