Arriving safely in accommodation
Moving in can be chaotic and busy so it’s important that we all work together to manage arrivals safely. It won’t be long until you’re here, so this is everything you need to know to get started.
Before you arrive
There are a few things for you to do before you arrive to make your arrival quick and simple.
- Register on MyStudentRecord so we can give you your ID card when you arrive!
- Complete your accommodation welcome online to get all the information you need about living in halls and arriving at University
- You’re showing any symptoms of COVID-19
- Someone in your household has symptoms of COVID-19 and you haven’t followed the Government self-isolation guidelines
- The Government advice changes, and you are advised against travelling to us
- The University contacts you to ask you not to travel to Leicester
What to expect when you get here
To pick up your key, you should go to your allocated key collection point. The details of this will be given to you in your arrival confirmation email and when you log in to the accommodation portal. Once you’ve registered and have your key, you can head over to your accommodation to unpack and get settled in.
What you need to bring
We’ve created a handy checklist of what to pack to help you get ready for your arrival. There are a few essential things to remember to make sure you can check-in quickly:
- Your accommodation arrival confirmation or student ID number
- Proof of ID – we can only accept the following documents:
- UK students: passport or UK long birth certificate
- EEA or Swiss students: passport or national identity card
- International students: passport and visa
There are some new rules that apply when visiting our receptions and the key collection points.
- Only students should come inside, anyone you bring with you (e.g. family during arrivals) will need to wait outside
- All visitors to reception will need to wear a face covering (unless exempt under Government guidelines)
- There will only be a maximum of 2 people allowed in the receptions at any time, please wait outside and queue safely until you are able to enter
- Follow the signage and floor stickers, keeping a safe distance between you and anyone else and staying behind any dividers or screens
- Hand sanitiser is available in the entrance to reception for you to use
During arrivals, you’ll need to wear a face covering when you’re inside – you won’t need to do this in your flat once you’re in your household bubble. You should also maintain a safe distance from others that are moving in around you.
When you arrive, you may only have one other person come with you. Anyone else that comes to Leicester with you will need to wait outside in your car.
If you have any questions prior to your arrival, you can contact the accommodation team 24/7 at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on +44 (0)116 252 2428.