President's Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme
This scholarship is for international (non-EU) students beginning an undergraduate degree at Leicester in September 2017.
There is no need to apply for this scholarship. Eligible students will be automatically considered. If successful, you will be notified when final results are available.
This scholarship gives you a 10% reduction in your tuition fee for each year of full-time study at the University, up to a maximum of three years.
The scholarship is available to students who achieve the grades listed below, and who will join any University of Leicester degree, excluding Medicine.
|International Foundation Year (taken in UK)
||75% or A or AAB (depending on grading system used)
|Canada||High School Diploma
|China||International Foundation Year (taken in China)
- three electives
- two electives plus English
- two electives plus Maths if extended Maths is also taken
- two electives plus Chinese (excluding offers for Economics degrees)
||80% for central boards, Tamil Nadu or West Bengal state board
85% for all other state boards
||554 (may be combined with SAT results)|
|USA||SATS||650+ in each subject (may be combined with AP results)|
(for complete or incomplete degree)
|Depending on grading system:
- 3.5 (on a 4.0 GPA scale)
- 3.9 (on 4.3 scale)
- 4 (on a 5 GPA scale)
- 8 (on a 10 GPA scale)
- First class degree
- 86% (China)
- A as a letter grade
If your qualification is not listed above, please contact us at: email@example.com and we will be pleased to confirm the grade equivalence required.
Terms and conditions
- You must be classified as an international student (non-EU) for fee purposes.
- The scholarship will not apply if an industrial placement or exchange year is undertaken, or if you suspend your studies for any reason.
- In accordance with scholarship guidelines, students are allowed to hold only one University of Leicester scholarship, awarded either centrally or by a department. If you are awarded more than one scholarship, you will therefore receive only the higher value award.
- You cannot combine this scholarship with a full scholarship (for tuition fees and living costs) from any other source. You must inform us of any other scholarships/sponsorship currently held, or awarded at a later date. Our scholarship may be adjusted or withdrawn if other sources of funding have been awarded.
- If you have a partial scholarship from other sources you will still be considered for the President's Undergraduate Scholarship.
- The scholarship is only valid for entry in September 2017.
- If you enroll on a Medicine degree, you will not be eligible for the scholarship.