President's Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme
Undergraduate international students beginning their studies at Leicester in September 2017 will automatically be considered for this scholarship - there is no need to make an application. If you are successful, you will be notified when final results become available.
This scholarship gives you a 10% reduction in your tuition fee for each year of full-time study at the University, up to a maximum of three years.
The scholarship is available to students who achieve the grades listed below, and who will join any University of Leicester degree programme, excluding Medicine.
|International Foundation Year (taken in UK)
||75% or A or AAB (depending on grading system used)
|Canada||High School Diploma
|China||International Foundation Year (taken in China)
- three electives
- two electives plus English
- two electives plus Maths if extended Maths is also taken
- two electives plus Chinese (excluding offers for Economics degrees)
||80% for central boards, Tamil Nadu or West Bengal state board
85% for all other state boards
||554 (may be combined with SAT results)|
|USA||SATS||650+ in each subject (may be combined with AP results)|
(for complete or incomplete degree)
|Depending on grading system:
- 3.5 (on a 4.0 GPA scale)
- 3.9 (on 4.3 scale)
- 4 (on a 5 GPA scale)
- 8 (on a 10 GPA scale)
- First class degree
- 86% (China)
- A as a letter grade
If your qualification is not listed above, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be pleased to confirm the grade equivalence required.
Terms and conditions
- You must be classified as an international student (non-EU) for fee purposes.
- The scholarship will not apply if an industrial placement or exchange year is undertaken, or if you suspend your studies for any reason.
- In accordance with scholarship guidelines, students are allowed to hold only one University of Leicester scholarship, awarded either centrally or by a department. If you are awarded more than one scholarship, you will therefore receive only the higher value award.
- You cannot combine this scholarship with a full scholarship (for tuition fees and living costs) from any other source. You must inform us of any other scholarships/sponsorship currently held, or awarded at a later date. Our scholarship may be adjusted or withdrawn if other sources of funding have been awarded.
- If you have a partial scholarship from other sources you will still be considered for the President's Undergraduate Scholarship.
- The scholarship is only valid for entry in September 2017.
- If you enroll on a Medicine degree, you will not be eligible for the scholarship.