At the University of Leicester we celebrate your achievements – the Chancellor’s Scholarship is just one of the ways we do this.
The Chancellor’s Scholarship is £1,000, awarded as a cash card in your first year. It can be used in selected University of Leicester outlets, for the duration of your time at Leicester, to purchase food, books, stationery, accommodation and sports memberships.
We'll give you the award if you achieve:
- AAB or better in your A-levels (excluding General Studies), or
- 34 points in the International Baccalaureate, or
- DDM in BTEC National Diploma, or
- An Access to HE Course, or
- Your LEAP alternative offer, or
- Equivalent European qualification
- You must be registered as a full-time student at the University of Leicester on 1 December to be able to receive a scholarship.
- This scholarship is available to applicants from the UK and EU countries.
- Available for all subjects except Medicine.
There is no need to apply for the Chancellor's Scholarship. We will let you know if you have been awarded the scholarship after your results and place at Leicester have been confirmed.
If you receive a re-mark and the new grade means that you are eligible for the Chancellor’s Scholarship, you are responsible for informing us, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review re-marks and scholarship eligibility up until 31 October.
Receiving your award
The award is a £1,000 scholarship awarded in your first year of study. You can choose how to use your award from a package of benefits:
- You could choose an annual Gold Sports Centre Membership which gives you access to our two Sports Centres, both with a pool, sauna, steam room, spa pool and extensive other indoor and outdoor facilities. Having a Sports Centre Membership gives you the opportunity to join a Team Leicester club (joining a club is an additional cost but you need Sports Centre Membership in order to join). You will not be able to redeem your Sports Centre Membership until after you have received your University email account.
- If you are staying in University Accommodation in your first year, you can use the scholarship to reduce your cost of accommodation. The scholarship will be deducted from Term 2 and Term 3. You must pay Term 1 fees as stated in your accommodation contract.
- You can choose to receive a University Cashless UPayChilli card, which can be used during the duration of your studies to pay for food, drink (non-alcoholic), books and other items at our University retail outlets. Your Scholarship Wallet will be topped up in Term 2 and Term 3.
The £1,000 cannot be given to you in cash or for any other purpose other than those detailed above. Please read our terms and conditions of the scholarship for more information.
If you have any queries please contact email@example.com
The University of Leicester reserves the right to make changes to these arrangements, or to withdraw aspects of the scheme or add new elements.