Al-Yafei International Undergraduate Scholarship
The Al-Yafei International Undergraduate Scholarship was generously established by a University of Leicester alumnus who wished to give back to the University, helping other international students to benefit from the high-quality teaching at a University with a reputation for excellence.
This scholarship is awarded in the form of a £5,000 reduction in your tuition fee for each year of full-time, campus-based, undergraduate degree-level study at the University, up to a maximum of three years. A single scholarship will be awarded to an international (non-EU) applicant who already has an offer (conditional or unconditional) to start an undergraduate degree at Leicester in September 2017. (Unfortunately this scholarship is not available for students on the MBChB in Medicine.)
Please complete and submit the application form (PDF) with the required supporting documents (transcripts, personal statement and reference) by 5 May 2017. Applications will be judged on their academic merit and the strength of their personal statement.
Please note that anonymised copies of application documents will be shared with our alumnus, who is not an employee of the University, as part of the selection process.
Applicants may be asked to take part in publicity activities around the scholarship, including photo opportunities and communications with the donor about the impact the scholarship made on his/her decision to study at Leicester. This will be agreed with the successful recipient in advance and with his/her permission.
- You must be classified as an international student (non-EU) for fee purposes.
- The scholarship will not be awarded in any year where an industrial placement or study abroad/exchange programme is undertaken.
- The scholarship will be discontinued if you suspend your studies or if the normal progress of your studies is interrupted for any reason.
- The scholarship is valid for entry only in September 2017.
- The scholarship is awarded in the form of a reduction in tuition fees.
- If you currently have a conditional offer of a place at the University, you are still required to fulfil any conditions stated on your offer letter.
- If you enroll on an MBChB degree in Medicine, you will not be eligible for the scholarship.