College of Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities Masters Excellence Scholarships
The Masters Excellence Scholarships are available to new UK/EU applicants registering for a full- or part-time, campus-based Masters degree in our College of Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities starting in the 2017-18 academic year. Four Masters Excellence scholarships are available, each providing a full fee waiver. The deadline for applications is 9 June 2017.
These scholarships are intended to support applicants with excellent undergraduate records and who have the capacity to complete a Masters degree at Distinction level.
If successful, you will be expected to apply for a PhD at the University of Leicester after completing your Masters. You will also be expected to apply for a three-year (full-time) or five-year (part-time) PhD studentship from the Midlands3Cities Doctoral Training Partnership (supported by the Arts and Humanities Research Council). You will receive mentoring and support in developing your project proposal and writing your applications for both the PhD itself and the PhD studentship.
- A good second class undergraduate degree or an equivalent overseas qualification*
- Standard English language requirements
- Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of the overall strength of the application - including consideration of previous academic attainment, relevant experience, references, and the personal statement
- Available to new UK/EU applicants only
- Available for full- or part-time campus based study (subject to availability)
- You must be able to start in the 2017-18 academic year
* or show evidence of achieving this before the start of the Masters degree
Informal enquiries are welcome - please contact Dr Anna Claydon:
- +44 (0)116 252 2089
- Apply for a course within the College of Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities and supply the relevant supporting documents for your application including - two references (including at least one academic reference), evidence of your academic qualifications, and evidence that you meet our English language entry requirements (if English is not your first language.
- Complete the additional Masters Excellence Scholarships application form. Your application form should be returned by email to email@example.com by the deadline. The Masters Excellence Scholarship application form will ask you to include the following:
- A brief personal statement (1,000 words maximum) that tells us why you wish to study your chosen course, how your previous academic and/or professional experience has given you the skills needed for postgraduate level study, and how taking this course will support your personal and/or professional development plans
- An indication of the research area which you would like to pursue in a future PhD programme
Important Advice for Applicants
- Both the online application and the Masters Excellence Scholarships application form must be submitted by the deadline which is 9 June 2017.
- Applicants who do not submit a fully completed Masters Excellence Scholarhships application form will not be considered.