This scholarship has now closed for entry in the 2016/17 academic year. Details of scholarships available for the 2017/18 academic year will be added to our website once confirmed.
Santander Scholarships are available to students applying to do one-year, full-time, campus-based Masters degrees beginning in September 2016 who are from one of the Santander network countries listed below.
The scholarships are also available for full-time, campus based, two-year 'with industry' degrees in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Deadline for applications: 30 May 2016
- Successful candidates will receive £5,000
- The scholarship is awarded in the form of a reduction in tuition fees.
To be eligible for the scholarship you must:
- Have been made an offer of admission to a one-year, full-time, campus-based, Masters degree beginning in September 2016 at the University of Leicester. This offer can be unconditional or conditional but the scholarship will not be confirmed until the conditions are met.
- Be a national of one of the following Santander network countries:
- Colombia (see note at foot of page)
- Mexico (see note at foot of page)
- Puerto Rico
- Preferably be a graduate of, or be expecting to graduate from, any of the Santander network universities listed on the Santander website.
To apply for the Santander Scholarship please fill in the application form below and return it by the above deadline.
If you are completing your application using Microsoft Word, please ensure that your form includes your original signature. Applications submitted without an original signature will not be considered.
Combining with other scholarships
You must not be in receipt of a full scholarship (tuition fees and living costs) from any other sources. If you have a partial scholarship from another source you will still be considered.
It is possible to take advantage of both the Alumni Loyalty Discount and the Santander Scholarship. If you receive both scholarships, the Santander Scholarship will be deducted before the 10% alumni discount is applied.
Colombian applicants: please see our Colombia page for further guidance on how a Santander Scholarship may be combined with a fee discount scholarship from Colfuturo or ICETEX.
Mexican applicants: please see our Mexico page for further guidance on how a Santander Scholarship may be combined with a fee discount scholarship from FUNED or FIDERH.