University of Leicester Graduate Scholarship
University of Leicester Graduate Scholarship offers new graduates from the University of Leicester a 50% discount on tuition fees for certain postgraduate courses at the University - including Masters Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas (PGDip) and Postgraduate Certificates (PGCert).
To be eligible for the University of Leicester Graduate Scholarship you should:
- Graduate from the University of Leicester in 2016 with a 2:1 or better.
- Be classified as a 'Home/EU' student.
- Apply to study on an eligible postgraduate course starting in 2016, selected from the lists linked below.
The scholarship applies to specific courses (including some distance learning courses) in two of the University's three colleges. NB. There are no eligible courses in the College of Medicine, Biological Sciences and Psychology.
...in the College of Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities - including Archaeology and Ancient History, English, History, History of Art and Film, Law, Modern Languages, Museum Studies, Criminology, Economics, Education, Management, Media and Communication, Politics and International Relations, and Sociology
...in the College of Science and Engineering - including Chemistry, Computer Science, Engineering, Geography, Mathematics, and Physics and Astronomy
Benefits of a postgraduate qualification
This scholarship ensures you have the opportunity to take the next step in your academic or professional career here at Leicester.
Studying for a postgraduate course at Leicester will give you knowledge and expertise that can enhance your career progression. You will develop new skills and open new pathways in your professional life, exploring in depth those subjects that you are passionate about.
- Postgraduates earn £5,500 more each year on average than those with just an undergraduate degree.
- Over 90% of postgraduates in employment are in professional or managerial roles compared to 65% with just an undergraduate degree.
Terms and conditions
The Graduate Scholarship...
- ...cannot be combined with the Alumni Loyalty Discount Scheme.
- ...cannot be deferred to another year. If you defer your 2016 Masters offer, you will be eligible instead for the Alumni Loyalty Discount Scheme, a reduction of 10%.
- ...is not available to students in receipt of a full scholarship from any other source. Students with partial scholarships from other sources will be considered.
- ...cannot be transferred from an eligible course to a course not included in the scheme.