We welcome students from Iran!
ما از دانشجویان ایرانی استقبال می نماییم!
If you hold the High School Diploma you will usually need to complete a Foundation Year to be eligible for admission to an undergraduate degree at Leicester. For information about the International Foundation Year please see the .
Undergraduate (Bachelors) degrees
- If you have taken the Pre-University Certificate (Peeshdaneshgahe) and achieved grades of 14/20 or higher (particularly in relevant subjects) you may be considered for entry to a Bachelors degree.
- If you hold the four-year High School Diploma with grades of at least 80% (16/20) plus the Kunkur (National Entrance Exam) you will be considered for entry to a Bachelors degree.
- If you are studying A-levels or the International Baccalaureate (IB) then you can begin from the first year of a Bachelors degree. Please see individual course pages for entry requirements.
- If you have already completed one or two years of an undergraduate degree at an Iranian university, you may be considered for entry to a Bachelors degree if you have studied relevant subjects and achieved strong grades.
For more information about available degrees please see the individual course pages.
Postgraduate (Masters) degrees
If you hold a Bachelors degree with a minimum GPA of 13-15 out of 20 (depending on the subject that you wish to study) you will be considered for entry to a Masters degree.
For more information about available degree please see individual course pages.
PhDs and other research degrees
To apply for a PhD (or other postgraduate research qualification, such as MPhil, DClinPsy, DSocSci, EdD or MD) you must have an undergraduate (Bachelors) degreefrom a recognised Iranian university, usually in a related subject area, with a minimum GPA of 13-15 out of 20 (depending on the subject that you wish to study) which is equivalent to a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree (also known as a 2:1).
You must also be able to demonstrate practical knowledge of appropriate research methodologies. Research degrees are demanding and intensive: to succeed at this level you must be highly motivated, be able to work independently, and have an appropriate familiarity with the discipline and its associated research techniques/methodologies.
Where a Masters degree is required, this is indicated in the relevant description on our Postgraduate Research webpages, together with further information about requirement.
English language requirements
Scholarships and funding opportunities
- President's Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme
- There may be some departmental scholarships available for certain postgraduate courses. This information will be regularly updated on the departmental scholarships page.
Agents and Representatives
The University of Leicester works with several agents in Iran. For information about which agents we work with in Iran, please contact the International Office.